Re: can build toolchain in two steps, but not one

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Dan Kegel wrote:

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

credit where credit is due, it was a private e-mail from michael
that pointed me at the appropriate architecture makefile as the
source for some unwanted compiler options when trying to run the
*native* compiler.

How about posting a patch to fix the kernel sources, now that you've found the problem?

but, again, is this really the direction you want to take?

Think about it... are toolchains the only thing I build?

it could
conceivably require one patch per architecture, whereas the sanitized
headers seem like such a simpler and safer solution.  and patching the
kernel source might not be a one-time thing as some future feature
might screw up the build process yet again.  why take the chance?

Because I want to build the kernel, perhaps?

I'm proposing that you really fix the kernel Makefile,
for real, and submit the patch, for real.
- Dan