Re: can build toolchain in two steps, but not one

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
ok, maybe i'm thoroughly confused about one critical point -- is it
actually a bug that the arch-dependent makefile (eg.,
arch/sh/Makefile) sets the compile options -m3 and (perhaps) -mb?

Only if they're doing it when they're compiling executables they'll be running during the build process. I gathered that's what was happening from your messages; I didn't check the source myself.

why would they have done that in at least two cases now (sh and arm)?

It's the kind of mistake people sometimes make when they're not thinking about cross-compiling.

-- Trying to get a job as a c++ developer? See http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html