Re: linux kernel building for mips malta target board

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, David Daney wrote:

__get_user() is unhappy, with tpyes that are "const". It uses __typeof()
to create a local variable that it wants to write to. I've intended to
have offer up a patch by now, but, too many unexpected thing have happened in the firs thalf of this week.

I shamed myself into sitting down and doing this. 8-)

The attached patch seems to work, or at least doesn't seem to cause
things to blow up. An o32 userspace on a 64-bit kernel comes up
multi-user and can build a kernel, and run a quick subset of LTP.

There was a comment on IRC that there was a register allocation issue which
lead to the current code. I'm not sure of the exact details, but I _think_
this change ends up being equivilent to the code it replaces.

Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149