RE: What all should I take care while compiling and running?

> > Hi,
> > I created crosstool for arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu.  I compiled a simple program
> > using arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu-gcc.
> > (My target board has already  Kernel-2.6.10 and a compiler for older
> > versions of gcc & glibc)
> >
> > I mount:  mount -o nolock,rsize=1500,wsize=1500 -t nfs
> > 161.85.96.148:/home/pramod/crosstool  /mnt/test
> >
> > Ive simply used ./a.out.
> > But its giving " sh:./a.out not found "
> > even when there is compiled a.out in /mnt/test.
>
>   Is the 'x' bit set?  Is there a problem with nfs user/group perms?
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK

I recently saw a problem with the same behavior.  The issue is (likely) that
you are using a different compiler and glibc version for your app than the
rest of your target code was built with.

One strict approach that I found that solves this is:
Choose one compiler and build your kernel with it.  Using the same
compiler and a glibc that is compatible with it (use the glibc that is
built with it using crosstool), build all your user space code, including
your application.

That may be a bit too strict, but as I said I saw the same error and this
fixes it.  It may be that a less strict approach would work.  You stated
that your target board has a "compiler for older versions of gcc and glibc".
Is it safe to assume that this older toolset is what you built the rest
of your system with?  I have not followed this thread closely, but did you
try building your app with that older compiler & glibc?  Use the tools that
you built the rest of the system with, and see if you are having a
compatibility issue.

Chuck