Re: Problem building kernel with gcc 4.0.2

TheNop wrote:
Hi David,

I use a .config file with the following lines in:
#
# Kernel type
#
CONFIG_MIPS32=y

I thougth that this cause the compiler to build a 32 bit kernel. Is that right?

I really have no idea what the problem is. FWIW I am able to build 2.6.14 mipsel with gcc-3.4.3. I was just making a guess. I have also built 2.4.29 with gcc-4.0.?

You need to find out why the compiler is generating calls to the libgcc functions (i.e. __lshrdi3 et al.). Perhaps posting to linux-mips.org would bring better results.

David Daney.

Best regards
TheNop

David Daney schrieb:

TheNop wrote:

Hi all,

I have build a crosstool chain for mips with crosstool-0.38. I have use the following components:
- gcc-4.0.2
- glibc-2.3.5
- binutils-2.16.91.0.3
- kernel 2.6.8 header

Attached there is the full error log.
Currently I have no idea how to fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Perhaps you are trying to build a 64 bit kernel with a 32 bit toolchain.

David Daney