where would i find the definition for EINVAL?

  i just moved over from a cygwin environment some source code that
was building just fine under an SH cross-compiler from KPIT.  i stuck
it on my FC4 linux system and changed the makefiles to use the
crosstool-generated sh3eb toolchain.

  the only problem i'm having in the build is that a number of the
source files have an undefined reference to the error macro EINVAL,
which apparently has no definition in this cross-compile environment.

  where in the crosstool-generated results would i find the definition
for that file?  as a start, where would it *normally* be defined so
that i can check my sys-root structure for the same thing?  thanks.

rday