Re: Cross GCC for PowerPC and vxWorks

> Dan wrote:
> Try

http://web.archive.org/web/20040922201236/http://www.newgcc4vxworks4ppc.
cjb.net/

Be careful - I discovered that if you go to "Patches" and click on the
link that says "Patch Gcc-2.95.3 to 2.95.4 (prerelease) for
VxWorks-PPc.", what file you get depends on where on the link you click.
You have to find the right spot to get the PPC patch and not the Altivec
patch.

Also, I got bitten by the "You need to install autogen" issue described
on the FAQ/Docs page. But using the "inclhack.sh.diff" patch doesn't fix
things. Something about the end_else_label sed script is wrong:

    Fixing directory /usr/include into
/home/smagnani/xyzzy/build/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/fixinc
    Checking header files
    sed: -e expression #1, char 252: Invalid preceding regular
expression
    Fixed ./ss/ss.h:
          end_else_label

I tried gutting the End_Else_Label code in fixinc.sh, substituting "cat"
for "sed" (i.e. turn the End_Else_Label fixup into a no-op). That at
least seems to have allowed the build to complete. I'm not sure what
side-effects there might be.

 Steven J. Magnani               "I claim this network for MARS!
 www.digidescorp.com              Earthling, return my space modulator!"

 #include <standard.disclaimer>