Trying to use crosstool on P III running gentoo

Hi and Thank you for pointing me somewhere,

I have a PIII machine that I uses as a cross compiler for arm. I have
downloaded crosstool-0.38 and I tried to build the cross compiler along with
glibc.

I have completed the same task on the other P4 systems. I thought that I could
use this older computer and dedicate it to cross compiling only. The computer
does not even have X installed. I use frambuffer and I have a native 3.4.4
gcc along with 2.3.5 glibc.

When I run sh demo-arm-softfloat.sh

I get

: invalid optionloat.sh: line 2: set -

I am not sure what could be wrong.

I did emerge the new bash, gcc, glibc, and binutils, before I ran the sh
script. I also looked at the file demo-arm-softfloat.sh and commented the set
-ex out. If I run the script again, I get some other errors.

I am not sure what is different between my terminal and the terminal I used in
KDE. I would like to find out and build a crosstool. Please help.

Thanks,
Roman