Re: arm vfp glibc error.

Hi,

I don't know recently cross tool chain information.
But, from the old history of cross tool chains, VFP is not default option for GNU cross tool chains.
Default is hard float.
So if you want to use VFP, you need to apply VFS patch for your cross tool chain.

For my experience, I built old tool chain(gcc-3.x , binutils-2.15.x, glibc-2.3.2 ) with VFP support Patch about 1 or 2 year ago.

I guess there are some patchs for your cross tool chains version.
Check that.

- Eady -

Steve Papacharalambous :

Hi,

I'm trying to build an arm toolchain with VFP support using crosstool-0.38. The toolchain components are:

- binutils-2.16.1
- gcc-4.0.2
- glibc-2.3.5
-linux-libc-headers-2.6.12.0

Additional toolchain configuration:

- BINUTILS_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-fp=vfp"
- GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-fp=vfp"
- GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-fp=vfp"

The toolchain build completes successfully, but when I try to build a test program with the flags: "-mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=soft" it fails with a linker error: "ld: cannot find -lfloat"

Are there some flags missing that should be passed on the command line, or is there a configuration option to glibc to enable VFP support?

Best regards,

Steve

------
Want more information? See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/