Re: local patches feature

Quoting Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com>:

> On 2/19/06, Robert Schwebel <robert@schwebel.de> wrote:
> > Which order? Alphabetically?
> Yep, alphabetical, but with crosstool's patches always
> applied first, then the local site patches.

Oh, yes. Alphabetically. That doesn't work everywhere. Think about locale, and
you've got the problem:

Here, we have a set of patches (for the uClibc-based toolchains), thus ordered
with fr_FR or en_US (order is OK):
  601-gcc34-arm-ldm.patch
  601-gcc34-arm-ldm-peephole2.patch

But with a C locale, the ordered is the other way around, which is bad, because
the "peephole2" patch depends on the ldm patch:
  601-gcc34-arm-ldm-peephole2.patch
  601-gcc34-arm-ldm.patch

This is because in the C locale, the dash is before the point.

So, using alphabeticaly ordered files is borked, unless you master the
locale.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

--