Re: local patches feature

Greetings,
[At risk of forking the thread]

On 2/21/06, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> Dann,
> All,
(snip)
> > > to crosstool that let's you pick the binutils, the C library, the gcc, the
> > > headers (kernel or sanitised), etc..., and outputs the .dat file for this
> > > configuration? Some kind of dialog- or mconf-based menu?
> > Yes, it's been proposed many times.  ptxdist might even have it already.
>
> Ah. Good. Will look at it.
(snip)
> Regards,
> Yann E. MORIN.

Would it be possible to draw a distinction between back and frontend processes?
(eg. Similar to 'git's 'plumbing' and 'porcelain'.. maybe 'pantry' and
'kitchen', with
a blender in the middle?)

For me, the huge value of crosstool (thanks Dan et.al.) is in central store of
patches (hence getting the patch order correct is important).
I would like to be able to build on top of this fantastic resource,
with automatic
distributed builds, extended testing, test reports etc. (eg. extent
the kitchen.)

Cheers,
Paul

testing