Re: crosstool-0.40 released: gcc-4.1 rc1 support

Dan Kegel said the following on 02/21/2006 01:41 PM:
On 2/21/06, Allen Curtis <acurtis@onz.com> wrote:
I work in embedded systems. My clients have new and old Linux based
projects. In many cases the client will choose to stick with older
toolchains and libraries because they are a known quantity. It would be
detrimental to me and my clients if this utility did not support older
versions of GCC and libc.

What do you think about removing support for, say, gcc-3.3.4 when
we add support for gcc-3.3.6? i.e. keeping only the two most
recent micro releases of each main track of gcc?
I like this idea. It will work for gcc one (latest) release from 3.3.x, 3.4.x, 4.0.x and 4.1.x
generally minor release which increments in third digit are really minor and should not have major
features that can break compatibility