Re: glibc-2.4 released (was: Re: never mind: no linuxthreads in glibc-2.4)

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Sunday 12 March 2006 11:04, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > Indeed.  crosstool needs to add support for the 'ports' directory.
> > Several people have experimented with it, can't recall if
> > a patch has been submitted yet.
>
> from my tests with Gentoo's glibc-2.4 ebuild, if you simply unpack the ports
> tarball and rename it to 'ports' inside of the glibc source dir, glibc's
> configure script will find the addons automatically:
> tar xf glibc-2.4.tar.bz2
> cd glibc-2.4
> tar xf glibc-ports-2.4.tar.bz2
> mv glibc-ports-2.4 ports
> mkdir ../build
> cd ../build
> ../glibc-2.4/configure
> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> configure: running configure fragment for add-on libidn
> configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
> checking add-on ports for preconfigure fragments... am33 arm hppa m68k mips

ok, i'm confused since the glibc-ports-2.4 README explicitly states:

"Like all glibc add-ons, this must be used by specifying the directory
in the --enable-add-ons option when running glibc's configure script."
but you say you didn't need to do that?  that certainly seems to fly
in the face of that sentence.

rday