mingw cross compiler

Hi,

I have built a powerpc cross compiler for mingw hosts using crosstool and canadian cross. The build completed successfully, but when I try to build helloworld.c I get the following error:

ld.exe: cannot find -lgcc_s
collec2: ld returned 1 exit status

However when I run either of the following commands the directory containing libgcc_s.so is present in the search lists:

gcc --print-search-dirs
powerpc-linux-gcc -v -o hello hello.c

Also the toolchain builds statically linked c and c++ executables without any errors.

The toolchain was built with the configuration:

--host=i686-pc-mingw32
--target=powerpc-linux
--build=i686-build_pc-linux

Does anyone know what the problem is?