Re: armxscale cross compiler build under cygwin

Dave Korn wrote:
On 25 May 2006 17:50, nils wrote:

../libiberty/libiberty.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index;
run ranlib to add one

I've seen this before. But unfortunately I can't remember exactly how or where....

If anyone has any idea where i could start looking for the problem,
i'd be very grateful.

Hmmm, I'm suspicious of this:

binutils-2.15

I believe there may have been bugs in that release. First thing I'd recommend is using 2.16 instead.

Good advice,thanks! unfortunately this is where i started - using latest binutils with versions of gcc that works for me under linux (gcc-4.0.3
and gcc-3.4.6) - with the same result. I just changed to the lower versions as these were the ones Dan K. uses in crosstools and i just wanted to make sure to introduce as few errors as possible... :-S

If you remember anything about the above error, please let me know :)

Cheers,
Nils