Re: C++ exception problems in mingw cross compiler

Unfortunately, I don't quite get a working setup with this, as the SJLJ
exception code isn't correctly built. The problem appears to be that
certain routines are compiled only if "__USING_SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS__" is
set, which it isn't. And I can't figure out how it's supposed to get
defined. "configure" does not define this macro - only (optionally)
"CONFIG_SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS". (*Sigh*. Is it really necessary to make the
build setup so complex?)

Help?

It should get defined if you used "--enable-sjlj-exceptions" on your
configure commandline IIUIC.
Apparently it's not quite as simple as that, but I've figured it all out now. It depends on what configure commandline you are talking about, actually, as it turns out that parts of the build rely on macros that are automatically defined by the preprocessor based on the choice of exception type. This means that the compiler you are using for the build, as opposed to the compiler you are building, must be configured via "--enable-sjlj-exceptions". Maybe the build compiler is expected to be an "internal" one based on the same configure, but it isn't in my setup; I'm using a two-stage approach where a "minimal" compiler is built first, and used to compile a "full" compiler as well as the C lib (I'm not sure if this is necessary any more, but let's not discuss that right now), and it's the "minimal" compiler that's used to compile the important files. Fortunately, I can easily reconfigure this compiler, and now I have, and it works.

Anyhow, thanks for the help.

- Toralf