Re: Building gcc for solaris on sparc64 from linux on x86

David Cournapeau wrote:
Hi there,

I am a newbie at cross-compiling, so please excuse my stupid mistakes and/or vague terminology. I have two machines:

   - M1 which runs linux on x86
   - M2 which runs solaris on sparc64.

My goal is the following: having a "native" gcc compiler on M2, ie a compiler which can be run on M2 and which target code for M2. This machine does not have a C compiler, so my idea was to compile a cross compiler (hosted on M1, targeting M2) first, and then using this cross-compiler to build the "native" compiler.

Of course if gcc-3.4.4 is acceptable, you can just download it. :)

If not, you can use that to build a later version natively.

-David