Re: Building gcc for solaris on sparc64 from linux on x86

David Cournapeau wrote:
Then, I used this toolchain to build on M1 a "native" solaris gcc: I used a scheme analog to the cross compiler, except that I set host and target to sparc-sun-solaris2.9, and build to i686-pc-gnu. The compilation went Ok too, but I cannot make this new compiler work on M2. I installed all the programs with the prefix $HOME/solaris/local/ on M2, and added $HOME/solaris/local/bin in my PATH.
Generally a crosscompiler produces "identical" stuff with the native compiler... BESIDES when runs that
'*gcc -dumpspecs' to produce the 'specs' ! This is one of the mistakes people usually do, they trust the
cross-compiler produced 'specs' to work on the native system too!

So I would check this "stupid mistake" :-) first !

A GCC made using just the same value for the $host and the $target SHOULD be a native GCC and
SHOULD search the native places, UNLESS the 'specs' tells it being a cross GCC !

Just try to reproduce the 'specs' where it is installed via the 'gcc -dumpspecs > specs' and see what
happens....