Re: I cannot use the math function,such as log()

Dave Korn <dave.korn <at> artimi.com> writes:

>   I think the heart of the problem might be revealed in the answer to these
> two questions:
>
> 1)  Does the particular ARM cpu on your board have an FPU?
> 2)  Is the version of gcc you're using configured for hardware or software fp?
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK

Yes, but you might optimistically expect that in the event of a mismatch,
something would complain and you would get an 'invalid operation'
in the event of expecting FP hardware when there was none,
and a correct (but slow) answer in the event of software FP when
you actually had some hardware.

Giving an incorrect answer without an indication seems bad.

I guess you could run a test first, ASSERT(log(4.0) != 4.0)).
(OK so I know that you shouldn't compare floats for equality
but you get the picture !)

Regards,
MikeW