Re: More ARM binutils fuckage

On 12/5/06, Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@wantstofly.org> wrote:
You pass your old-ABI compiler the option -mabi=aapcs-linux, which works
fine with my gcc 4.1 old-ABI toolchain and is exactly what mainline 2.6
does.

If your compiler can do EABI (which 4.1 can), it doesn't matter one
bit whether your glibc was compiled for old-ABI or EABI.

That makes sense; but doesn't the kernel use anything from libgcc.a? U-Boot certainly does, and it seems to have made a difference that I built it with an EABI-configured gcc. Perhaps the answer is that gcc has silently been building both libgcc variants (and a third hard-float one?) all along, and that I only had to start tweaking t-linux when an attempt to build a soft-float glibc revealed symbol duplication (_floatdidf, _floatdisf) in objects derived from lib1funcs.asm and libgcc2.c.

Cheers,
- Michael