Re: More ARM binutils fuckage

On 12/7/06, Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org> wrote:
The floating point emulation code is of course free of any floating
point code itself, otherwise you'd end up in an infinite recursive
state.

Of course. But the -mfpu and -mfpe flags also seem to result in preprocessor macros that are used when compiling libgcc to select between register layouts, etc. I suppose I should just look at the kernel FP emulation code to confirm that it doesn't care about any of those flags or use anything from a gcc header that varies based on those flags.

So even for the FP emulator this is not an issue.

Great. So as long as the register allocation (frame, PIC, TP) is either locked down or irrelevant to kernel code, the important things are -mabi, -mfloat-abi (or -msoft-float), and struct alignment. Is there anything else implied by -macps beyond -mabi=apcs-gnu?

Cheers,
- Michael