Re: Re: How to make crosstool support for VFP software fp format?

From:  Dimitry Andric
Receiver:  by_yanxt
Time: 2006-12-14, 19:26:01
Subject: Re: How to make crosstool support for VFP software fp format?

>YanXT wrote:
>> For "cross-compiled executables", do u mean the cross toolchain which runs on my x86 platform
>> or the cross-compiled target programs which actually run  on arm9 target board? I'm totally confused ; (
>
>I mean the executables which are output by your toolchain: the actual
>binaries that will run on your target system.
>

>> shouldn't it be proper to use ld-linux-so.2 from cross toolchain instead of the linker from host machine?
>
>No, since on the target machine, the ld-linux.so.2 will usually be in
>/lib, NOT in /opt/crosstool/foo/bar/baz/whatever. :)

oh, i see, thanks for patience ; )
so, can I understand this way: I would always need ld-linux.so.2 under /lib on my host machine to do the loading and linking during the cross compiling,
the dynamic linker from crosstool will never be used unless the compilation is made on target system on which the cross toolchain is hosted?

YanXT, by_yanxt@gpsign.com
2006-12-15