Cross Compile - java long to jlong conversion

Hello,

I'm trying to crosscompile the JamVM and GNU Classpath for this platform:
- Xscale processor 533MHz Intel IXP42x
- Montavista 4.01 - Linux 2.6.10 kernel

I'm using the xscale_gcc_be compiler-tool, provided by MontaVista.

I configure Classpath as follows:

./configure
CFLAGS="-L/work/montavista/pro/devkit/arm/xscale_be/target/usr/lib
-L/work/montavista/pro/devkit/arm/xscale_be/lib -L/app/COMMON/zlib-1.2.$

Everything looks fine, but some java apps do not work. I traced the errors
of one of them, discovering the conversion of java types to c types
in native calls fails in some way.

Example: when in gnu.java.nioVMChannel the method seek(long l) is called
with argument '0', the corresponding jlong does not hold the
value 0, but this: (HEX) 00 00 00 00 00 05 67 E4.

What can I do about this, do I use the wrong compiler flags, any help is
appreciated.
I'm am fairly new to the big crosscompiling thing.

regards,

dvrslype