Re: crosstool cleanup, again ;-)

Hello!

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 163, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> I am working on the new ct-ng to make it run on MacOS X.

Good! MacOS X is a machine I can't test on. Thank you going the burden
to testing it.

> It now loads perfectly and the menu-config application works.

Good news. By the way, -lintl is not available on my Debian amd64 machine.
So I guess we'll have to have some machine-dependent link stage for the
configurator...

> /Volumes/Xtoolchain/ct-ng/scripts/crosstool.sh: line 19: set: -E:
> invalid option
> set: usage: set [--abefhkmnptuvxBCHP] [-o option] [arg ...]
> What I have found is that the Makefile runs scripts/crosstool.sh
> which begins with the line
> #!/bin/bash
> i.e. the script will be executed using bash.
> This script includes
> . "${CT_TOP_DIR}/scripts/functions"
> But that file appears to be in csh syntax since it defines e.g.
>      for((step=(CT_STEP_COUNT-1); step>1; step--)); do

That is valid under bash-3.0 and bash-3.1 at least. See the man page.

> and uses
>     set -E

Yep. I'm using bash 3.1.17 here, and '-E' is a valid option to set. From the
man bash page:
   -E      If set, any trap on ERR is inherited by shell functions, command
           substitutions, and commands executed in a subshell environment.
           The ERR trap is normally not inherited in such cases.

I don't know MacOS X. What's your bash there?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

PS. Another problem arose while I was using crosstool on an 'old' mandriva
2006: bash there is only 3.0.x, and doesn't support "printf -v" which I used
in the logger. This is now fixed in svn.

PPS. As said on my wiki, I don't consider it being stable yet. Just WIP in
enough a good shape so I think that people can try playing with.
YEM.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |