Re: xscale cross-compiler linking(?) error

Yann thanks oodles for the response.
I delayed to reply because I was trying various things.

Ok, so it turns out that _indeed_ there was an unimplemented syscall with the simulator i was trying to use ("ftell" was calling "llseek" which was not properly implemented).
So, Yann you were right about that.

As for the PC addresses being very high and all, you were again right but this was my own mistake because I pasted here the output from the XScale build (big-endian) but what I in fact needed was an ARM build.

So, strictly speaking my problem is solved but I still face a "weird" (to me) problem:
The ARM build of the crosstool dows not work with the simulator.

While it passes compilation properly (no warnings), I get the following run-time error and execution never starts:

fatal: file is dynamically linked, compile with `-static'

So, I add the -static flag in the compilation line and then I get the following run-time errors:

warning: invalid/unimplemented syscall 221, PC=0x000137e0, winging it
warning: invalid/unimplemented syscall 221, PC=0x000137e0, winging it
warning: invalid/unimplemented syscall 221, PC=0x000137e0, winging it
'Linux','host_machine',i686')=0
warning: invalid/unimplemented syscall 201, PC=0x00030e30, winging it
warning: invalid/unimplemented syscall 199, PC=0x00030e04, winging it
warning: invalid/unimplemented syscall 202, PC=0x00030e88, winging it
warning: invalid/unimplemented syscall 200, PC=0x00030e5c, winging it

Now, I know what you are going to say: the simulator is again at fault, it does not support all needed syscalls.
But then I went and installed the ARM cross-compiler of the SimpleScalar project:
http://www.simplescalar.com/v4test.html
and the simulator purrs like a kitten.
(btw, it does not require the -static flag to be set.)

In a nutshell, I have now a toolchain that works but it is disturbing that the crosstool does not work properly.

The crosstool setup i am using is:
- binutils-2.15
- gcc-3.2.3
- core gcc-3.2.3