Re: Email-Adresses in clear text

Chris:

> I gave you a forum to voice your complaint which is read by people who
> could ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....

You did, but only reluctantly, and only when Mr. Heilpern complained a
second time.

Now that he has been informed where it is, Mr. Heilpern should take the
matter up with the appropriate administrators. However, it is
appropriate that this matter was brought to the attention of other list
participants.

Ordinarily I would let this go at this point, but in light of your
positive attitude and helpfulness, I would appreciate it if you would
provide the paper mail address that should be used for legal notices to
the operators of sourceware.org and its associated mailing lists. I am
not threatening legal action, but I want to give counsel for
sourceware.org the opportunity to assist the list administrator in
making smarter decisions in the future.

> I guess that means I should start sending out bills to everyone whose
> email address I remove.  That's good news for me.  When the checks
> start rolling in I can retire and not have to deal with tiresome email
> discussions like this.

In light of the possibility of an extortion charge could arise from that
action -- which a clever prosecutor would convert to a racketering
charge the minute you sent out the third bill, you might not want to do
that. If anybody actually decided to respond to your bill with the type
of courtesy that you offered Mr. Heilpern, you might find yourself
trading cigarettes in lieu of personal services. By all reports that
would be unpleasant. Regardless, it does not seem like a good use of
your talents.

shap