Crosstool-NG does not work (help!)

I am using Ubuntu Gutsy 64-bit.

Here's what I did. I downloaded crosstool-ng, installed it with ./configure, make, sudo make install, did the help option, and tried to configure it. That's where it failed.

 			 				me@my-desktop:~/downloads$ ct-ng config

 gcc: /usr/local/lib/ct-ng-0.3.1/kconfig/{conf.c,zconf.tab.c}: No such file or directory

 gcc: no input files

 make: *** [/home/me/downloads/kconfig/conf] Error 1

The same thing happens with menuconfig. Also, I can't build the toolchain because it says it needs me to configure it.

I tried the SVN and previous versions, but I still got the same error. Can anyone shed some light on this?

John Doe