Re: Error building glibc-2.3.2 for my arm-9tdmi-linux cross compiler on cygwin

I finally found another cygwin platform (Windows Server 2003 rather than XP) and did a clean install of cygin and tried the build there with success!

I wish I knew what aspect of the configuration on my machine was causing the problem but this solution will be good enough for now.

Thanks to Dave, Martin, and Kia for their responses and especially Dave for taking so much time helping me to investigate.  When I get a chance I may try to back things out of my cygwin to see if I get lucky.  I'll post back here if I find the solution.