Re: m68k Toolchain issues

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the pointer!  I had mistyped the path to the cross compiler so EMILE reverted to using the host's compiler.  So I fixed that and it's now correctly using the right assembler, but it still errors out:

make -C first TARGET=m68k-linux
/opt/crosstool/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6/m68k-mac-linux-gnu/bin/m68k-mac-linux-gnu-as -I/home/g1powermac/Desktop/emile-0.12/first --defsym SCSI_SUPPORT=1 -o first_scsi.o first.S
first.S: Assembler messages:
first.S:7: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.cpu'
make[1]: *** [first_scsi.o] Error 1
make: *** [first] Error

That line in first.S is this:

       .cpu 68000

Any ideas?  Also, this part of EMILE compiled fine when using a buildroot toolchain but it died later on because it needs glibc, which is what leads me to use crosstool.

Thanks,
J Silverman