Re: Yet another cross-toolchain builder

Martin Guy wrote:
> I must be completely stupid.
>
> I've been in the cross-compiler game for 2 and a half years now and I
> only just found out that there is (and has always been) another
> complete open source cross-toolchain build system other than the old
> crosstool shell script and the crosstool-ng menuconfig thing.
>
> It's rather well hidden - the closest thing to a project page is
> http://pengutronix.de/oselas/toolchain/index_en.html
> and the instructions are almost impossible to find, in two PDFs under
> http://pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes/
> You need the "InstallingPtxdist" and "BuildingToolchain" ones to get started.
> I *did* find these through the existing documentation and website, but
> I can't trace my steps to figure out how I got to them (!)
>
> It looks very promising - a menuconfig-based thing like ct-ng, but
> more complete and less chaotic, does gnueabi but only goes up to
> binutils-2.17 gcc-4.1.2 glibc-2.5

check out:

https://iocaste.penguin.de/svn/oselas/toolchain/trunks/OSELAS.Toolchain-trunk

which is to be used with ptxdist-1.99.6:

http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/download/v1.99/ptxdist-1.99.6.tgz
http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/download/v1.99/ptxdist-1.99.6-patches.tgz

The newest toolchain is:

arm-v4t-linux-gnueabi_gcc-4.3.2-RC-20080819_glibc-2.8-20080811_linux-2.6.26-sanitized
(which uses binutils 2.18, which could be newer)

cheers, Marc

--
 Marc Kleine-Budde              Phone: +49-231-2826-924
 Vertretung West/Dortmund     http://www.pengutronix.de