Power PC with glibc?

Has anybody had any luck in getting glibc to compile with powerpc?  The
only example configuration is for ulibc, and when I try to create my own
configuration it fails to compile the C library.

I've tried both software and hardware floating point options (ultimately
I'll need both options) and a couple of glibc versions (2.5 and 2.7).
Each time there's a compilation or linker error.

On the whole I think there's not a lot of point in my posting the errors
right now -- they're very long winded, and I suspect anybody else who
tries configuring the powerpc architecture with glibc will run directly
into the same trouble.

If I'm wrong, and there's a configuration that ought to work -- let me
know, I'll try it and be more specific about any errors that arise.

Well, all right: one data point.  Compiling glibc 2.5, hardware floating
point, gcc version 4.2.4 fails with a linker error while trying to link
libc.so: undefined reference to '__gcc_qsub' (and many more).  Soft
floating point compilation fails somewhat earlier, at the compilation
stage (don't have the build log to hand right now).