From my prospective my manager says it is not mandatory but give a try.
And my attitude is never die and try hard. So I will like to try with
you guys.

Regards
Vivek

-----Original Message-----
From: crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org
[mailto:crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Dave Nadler
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 5:53 AM
To: Yann E. MORIN
Cc: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: cygwin Cross-GCC to MIPS

Thanks Yann - With a bit of guidance, maybe I can help
get this working on cygwin... Not my full-time job either !

Can you give me skeletal instructions of how to go about
this, given I am a very experienced developer but not at
all fluent with GCC nor the tools to build it ? I'm happy to
give it a shot...

Thanks !
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Perhaps a dumb question (and I'm also using QEMU at
this instant), but have you considered Xen instead, which
should give closer to full-speed - not just for Windows,
but any other x86 VMs you need to use for testing ?

At 06:15 PM 12/3/2008, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
>Dave,
>All,
>
>On Wednesday 03 December 2008 00:27:16 Dave Nadler wrote:
> > We wait to hear how it worked Yann !
> > And also a list of what cygwin pieces you needed to install... ;-)
> > Thanks for your efforts,
> > Best Regards, Dave
> >
> > PS: Just to be really clear about what I hope to get:
> > - build and host environment is cygwin
> > - target environment is bare-metal small MIPS machine
> > - target libraries are needed to support any components
> >    expected by the compiler, including basic memory allocation
> >    and library routines needed to support C++...
>
>Now for me to be very clear:
>
>I am not paid for my work on crosstool-NG.
>
>I am working on crosstool-NG on my spare time, because I have a need
for it.
>It takes me a lot of time, more than 3 hours a day after I come back
from
>work, plus more than 6 hours saturdays and sundays. That is above 30
hours a
>week (*). This for about the last two years.
>
>I exclusively have Linux machines at home, I don't have any
Windows-based real
>machine at hand, and thus have to rely on emulation (qemu) to run such
>machine. Cygwin is but a layer on top of Windows to emulate POSIX, and
thus is
>a real pain to work with... The last measurements I have give a ratio
of 180
>(yes, one hundred and eighty) when running crosstool-NG under this
emulation,
>compared to running crosstool-NG on the real Linux system (**).
>
>Porting to Cygwin is a real pain, I can not afford working on it any
longer.
>I am not ready to do someone else's job.
>
>Now, should soneone be really interested, I am ready to look at
patches.
>There shouldn't be a lot of work, crosstool-NG by itself is only shell
>scripts and Makefiles, writen with portability in mind. The only
problems
>may arise with the components, which might need Cygwin-related patches
or
>build instructions. In my kindness, attached is an as-yet untested
patch
>to try and fix MPFR build. That won't go in the repository, and I'll
revert
>my changes, as I can't test it. Bite your teeth on it, who ever wants
to...

>BTW, I also have a girlfriend, a house that needs working on,
friends...
>Real life, I call it, and that's what matters most for me.
>
>Regards,
>Yann E. MORIN.
>
>(*) building a single complete toolchain ranges from about 25 minutes,
up to
>     35 minutes, mostly due to using glibc vs. uClibc. Bare metal is a
special
>     case that takes approx. 5 minutes, but those are not too common.
So