ARM illegal instruction

Yann,

I set the cpu type to match the processor listed from my
embedded device's /proc/cpuinfo (ARM922Tid), but both C
and Java programs die with an illegal instruction error.

Looking at the include/linux/autoconf.h that came with
toolkit for the system (based on Linux kernel 2.6.9 and
GCC 3.3.2, it is the CPU the vendor built the kernel for,
so I'm left to assume that somewhere in the build process
something didn't get this cpu information and built a
binary using a default larger instruction set.

Ideas?

Andy Johnson