Re: CrossTool-NG, ARM7 bare metal

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Yann E. MORIN
<yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> Sorry for late answer, I was on holiday...

  Never a problem.  :-D

> On Friday 20 March 2009 16:25:46 Thomas Charron wrote:
>> still haven't gotten it to completely work QUITE yet, but it's getting
>> better. ?:-D
> Are the remaining issues toolchain-realted?
> If so, what are they?

  It seems to be working ok now.  My issues where mostly configuration
based, aka, some thing I can't turn on, which I dont need much anyway.
 :-D  Why can't crosstool-NG generate a C++ compiler?

>> ? Any pointers of some gotchas I may end up with?
> Well, as you'll see soon enough, "bare-metal" in crosstool-NG is really
> that: "bare-metal". It's only a C/C++ compiler, no more. You program will
> have to provide all that is needed to speak to the system, provide common
> /functions/ (memory management, etc...) and /objects/ (semaphores, shared
> memory, etc...) if it needs them.
> Really, bare-metal, no more.

  Yup, familiar with doing that using Yagarto and the such under Windows.

  My next trick is getting OpenOCD to work correctly with the board,
and integrate that into eclipse.

--
-- Thomas