Re: Newby question regarding crosstool-ng and newlib

Marc,
All,

On Monday 04 May 2009 21:13:20 Marc Reibel wrote:
> I'm trying to build a gcc-newlib cross compiler chain for a STM32 arm
> cortex-m3 target (bare metal so to say) and stumbled across an posting
> from 4th of april mentioning beginning newlib support.
> Any way I can try it out? In this weekends SVN-trunk version I can't
> find newlib in the menuconfig...

There's none. During April, I've been a bit distracted with a few other
matters, and had no time to finish newlib support in time for 1.4.0.

That's still on the tablets, though. For those interrested, here's ny
TODO list for the forthcoming months:

- gcc-4.4 and companion libs (PPL & CLooG)
- newlib
- uClibc++
- mingw32 target
- mingw32 host
- Cygwin target (needs newlib)

Except for gcc, which I'm working on now, there is no real ordering in
that list; I'll work on what I need/fancy. Should anyone chimes in to
help on a specific item, then that item will magically show up at the
top of the list. ;-)

I don't like pronostics, but I hope to have this list emptied for the
next major release, 1.5.0, which should pop up in about 4 months, if
all goes well...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |