Re: Newby question regarding crosstool-ng and newlib

Thomas & Marc,
All,

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 00:23:35 Thomas Charron wrote:
>   I'd started the effort of having newlib gotten and built.  Where I
> got stuck and just did it manually was modifying the gcc build to
> perform the secondary build.  My shell skills are a little rusty, and
> after an initial try, it seemed like I had to change the whole process
> of building gcc.  And I ran out of prep time for my project.  :-D

Could you post your changes? That way, we can share thoughts on the
matter and see if you took the right directions. We could then think
about those rough edges you encoutenred, and try to smooth them away.

And yes, I fear that we'll have to shoe-horn some not-so-neat hacks
in the gcc build procedure. But that might prove benficial when we
eventually add uClibc++ support as a replacement for libctdc++...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |