Re: scanf doesn't work

Leonitis, Khem,
All,

On Saturday 27 June 2009 02:25:48 Khem Raj wrote:
> On 6/26/09, Leonitis <rubixqb@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have not done that before. After setting the "-static" flag (that's how
> > you do it, right?),
> > I get "FATAL: kernel too old" followed by a seg fault.
> probably the glibc against which you linked is compiled with --enable-kernel
> equal to a version number which is larger than the actual version you
> are running
> on the target. Check the option passed to configure for glibc when you
> built the toolchain

The user can set crosstool-NG to handle --enable-kernel in one of:
(1) set it to the same value as the kernel headers version  (default)
(2) set it to a specific value
(3) leave {,e}glibc ./configure decide by itself

Of course, if you use (1), it is strongly advised that you do use the
headers from the kernel that will actually run on the target! If you
run 2.6.0, and you use headers from 2.6.31-rc1, then it's borked.

BTW, the default is (1) to optimise-out as much legacy support code, to
gain space and efficiency (no run-time check of the kernel version).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |