Re: Cross compiler (i386 target on x86_64 machine)

Le Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:23:15 +0300,
Mark Ryden <markryde@gmail.com> a Ãcrit :

> Yes, I knew crosstool-ng tool before; it seems to me much more
> sophisticated tool than needed for this job.

It is just as sophisticated as the job of properly building a toolchain
is. If Crosstool-ng looks complicated, it's because the process of
building a toolchain is complicated. And the goal of Crosstool-ng is
precisely to make it easy to build toolchains, and to factorize all the
known-good recipes and patches to do that.

Really, really, really, you should spend 30 minutes figuring out how
Crosstool-ng works. It's going to save you dozens of hours of useless
work.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--