Re: Crosstool-NG configure requirements

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> On Thursday 13 August 2009 16:02:19 Michael Abbott wrote:
> > I'm just trying out crosstool-ng 1.4.2 (was previously using 1.3.2),
> > and my first surprise is: does the build *really* need the 'GNU
> > coreutils' version of install?
>
> For whatever tools crosstool-NG requires, I specify whatever version
> I have on my machine, as that's what I can test with.
>
> If any one steps in and say that their paricular version also works,
> then I'm ready to relax/enhance the test to also recognise that
> version.

Oh, cool.  Don't particularly fancy adding install (presumably = the
entire coreutils chain) to the list of tools (m4, autoconf, automake,
libtool) I already pre-build!

> > I'll try with 'coreutils' as the match for now.
>
> So, what did it come to?

Looking promising so far.  arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi built fine (haven't
tried exercising it yet, but presumably install has no role there);
currently trying powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu.  I'll report back tomorrow...

Any particularly evil targets or version combinations worth testing?