RE: crosstool-ng: cross compiler for -mach=arm4vt (Cirrus Logic EP93xx target)

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 6:40 AM, ng@piments.com wrote:
> H Hartley Sweeten wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have been trying to get CodeSourcery's arm-none-linux-gnueabi (Sourcery
>> G++ Lite 2009q1-203) 4.3.3 toolchain to work with Buildroot and an EP93xx
>> based target.  Unfortunately Buildroot is not setup to handle the multilib
>> feature of that toolchain (default libraries are for ARMv5T).  I have
>> tried a number of ways in Buildroot to get that that toolchain to work but
>> my resulting filesystem always dies due to an unrecognized instruction.
>>
>> Today I downloaded crosstool-ng to try and build a sysroot toolchain
>> specifically for the armv4t.  I think I have everything setup correctly
>> but the build always dies at:
>>

> I have made an eabi toolchain for TS boards based on the Cyrus chip
> using a fairly recent ct-ng.
>
> You could try this .config as a basis.
>
> HTH.

My .config was very similar.  The only real difference is:

CT_THREADS="nptl"
CT_THREADS_NPTL=y

I had:

CT_THREADS="linuxthreads"
CT_THREADS_LINUXTHREADS=y

I'm trying the build now using nptl instead of linuxthreads.  So far it looks
good.  It appears something is wrong with the linuxthreads support.

Regards,
Hartley