Problem with (large) global variables

Hello!

I have a problem with an older toolchain based on GCC 3.4.4 (target is
ARM926ejs). When running a compiled program with a large global data
structure (i.e. ssh has a 5300 bytes structure to store the global
options) the pointer "extern char **environ" gets corrupted as soon as a
memset on this large global structure takes place. When I put in some
trace output that prints the addresses of the first and the last member
of the structure, I can see that the address range overlaps with the
address of the environ pointer.
Any ideas what makes the compiler doing this?

Regards
	Christoph Baumann

--

Dipl.-Phys. Christoph Baumann
Power PLUS Communications AG

phone: +49(621)40165-???
fax:   +49(621)40165-???
mailto://c.baumann@ppc-ag.de
http://www.ppc-ag.de

Handelsregister-Nr.: HRB 8853
Sitz und Registergericht: Mannheim
Vorstand: Ingo Schönberg (Vorsitzender), Eugen Mayer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates Univ.-Prof. Dr. Torsten Gerpott