Re: [crosstool-ng-1.6.0] mips64-octeon-linux-gnu

Hello Zhuang, All!

On Saturday 20 February 2010 07:35:02 Zhuang Yuyao wrote:
> I am trying to compile a mips64 cross toolchain. the attached file
> ctng.1.6.0.mips64.patch contains some patches I made to crosstool-ng
> 1.6.0.

Cool! It will be nice to have mips64 in crosstool-NG once this issue is
solved! :-)

> the build process finished successfully with this patch,

I built the same toolchian using your patch and your .config.

> but
> while compiling some source codes, mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-ld failed
> with the following message:
> /opt/crosstool/gcc-4.4.3-glibc-2.9/mips64-octeon-linux-gnu/bin/mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-gcc

This path looks like an /old/ installation of a toolchain built with the
original crosstool. Could you check that you do not have an old toolchain
in your PATH ?

Anyway, I can reproduce the issue here as well. But as I'm no MIPS64 expert,
I do not have a clue on how to solve it.

[--SNIP--]
> as you can see, the 'emulation specific options' is elf32btsmipn32 but
> i think it should be elf64btsmip.

It looks to me that binutils *might* be the culprit here.

> my question is:
> 1) mips64 is not supported by crosstool-ng 1.6.0, why?

Because you are the first one to need it! :-)

> 2) how can i change the emulation specific options of
> mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-ld to elf64btsmip?

Look at the binutils configury stuff, maybe there is an issue in there.
buildroot seems to have MIPS64 support. Maybe you could look at how they
build their toolchain? Also, try to google for the issue.

I am a bit short on time to investigate myself, sorry I can't help too
much... :-/

> sorry for bad english,

Well, I have read english far worse than yours! :-) And I'm not a native
english spaeker either!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.