Re: Crosstool-ng always starts from the top

Howdy folks,

If restartability is a requirement but mature software is not, can I
recommend Crossplex?
Crossplex is a library of macros for GNU make that let you embed your
own toolchain and root-filesystem builder in any makefile.  Crossplex
was designed from the ground up to be restartable.
It is still new and doesn't have the broad userbase or compatibility
that a great tool like crosstool-NG has, but it is scrappy and has big
dreams!
One of its main features is building multiple software configurations
in the same tree.  You can change your software configuration or add
new ones without starting from a clean build.
Anything that Crossplex can determine that can be reused between
configurations will get reused without recompilation.
There isn't much documentation yet, but I'm adding more almost daily.

  http://crossplex.org

Dave

PS I'm a big fan of crosstool and crosstool-NG.  I've learned a lot
from you guys and I hope my little contribution will be a hundredth as
useful as your awesome tools!