Re: -mfloat-abi=softfp

On 4/18/10, ng@piments.com <ng@piments.com> wrote:
>  I am experimenting with building a toolchain with maverick enabled based on
> patching gcc according to Martin Guy's patch set.
> http://martinwguy.co.uk/martin/crunch/
>
>  He suggests using -mfpu=maverick -mfloat-abi=softfp
>
>  I am having difficulty locating this in ct-ng menuconfig. There is HW or SW
> option but help does not say what switches this actually corresponds to. I
> suspect it is something other than -mfloat-abi so should I supply this as an
> extra CFLAG ?

Those are flags that need to be passed to the new gcc that you build,
when it is run to generate ARM/Maverick code. As far as ct-ng is
concerned, assuming you're building a usual cross-compiler, they would
need to be used while cross-compiling the C library that will be used
on the target system - that is the option you need to locate; it'll
probably be called LIBCFLAGS or something like that;