Re: (in)sane file names for ct-ng patches

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 13:29 +0200, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Esben, All,
>
> On Tuesday 10 August 2010 115556 Esben Haabendal wrote:
> > For crosstool-ng, there are 2 fixes put on
> > http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/download/crosstool-ng/01-fixes/1.8.0/
> > They both use ',' in the file names.
> > Could we possibly avoid this in the future?
>
> The existing file names have been fixed, and the script to generate them
> has been enhanced to better sanitise the generated file names as well.
>
> > I have at least now once been bitten by this, with URL escaping of this
> > in my integration ct-ng.
>
> Out of pure curiosity, what was the issue? I tried to download the patches,
> and all went OK. Using a file name with a comma in it also poses no issue
> in a shell script (provided it is correctly quoted, of course).

The problem was that I simply copied the link from Firefox to my editor,
which then gave this to wget.  Firefox then nicely URI escaped the
',' (is '%2c' AFAIR).  Wget downloaded the file nicely, and was even so
nice that it saved it to the un-escaped filename.  The backend here
could then not find the file.

So, not a big problem, and it was more a mistake of mine than anybody
else. But still ;-)

/Esben