Re: powerpc build failing with "ld: -lgcc not found"

Roland, All,

On Wednesday 18 August 2010 16:25:38 Roland Schwarz wrote:
> .../ld: cannot find -lgcc
> I am not sure if this is important, but the command line
> to the linker lists -lgcc within the grouping symbols
> verbosely:
>
> .... -'-Wl,-(' .... -lgcc '-Wl,-)'
> Is this a known issue?
> Can anyone please hint me into the right direction or
> tell me which lessons of my homework I should do before
> asking for further help?

Look at the build.log file (there is the full path in the error message)
and see what exact command was failing. What you see on screen is just
an overview of the build logs, but all gets sent to the build.log file.
Try to infer from that (eg. by using Google).

Then, you can paste your complete build.log file on some pastebin, and
send the pointer to this list.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.