Re: Not understanding something basic about downloading

Peter, All,

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 19:47:45 Peter Dufault wrote:
> I found the log in the "ct" directory.  The problem is the "curl" is too old:
> [ALL  ]    curl: option --retry: is unknown
> A newer version of curl needs to be tested for as part of the configuration.

I did not know what minimum curl version would be required, so I do not test
for curl version. Also, I did not know that older curls did not have --retry.
Workaround: uninstall curl, keep only wget, that may help.

Also, the next crosstool-NG release will behave differently (basically, and
in pseudo code):
  for i in wget curl; do
    if ${i} exists; then
      try using ${i} to download