Re: adding support for hardened toolchain

Quoting Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com>:

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Heiko Zuerker <heiko@zuerker.org> wrote:
Hey,

I'm currently applying additional patches to gcc, in order to create a
hardened toolchain.

I am stupid, dare to explain what the "hardened" concretely mean in
this context ? Does it make my toolchain proof to .454 Casull bullet ?

The patches Heiko is referring to come from the gentoo hardened project, specifically the hardened toolchain project:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/hardened-toolchain.xml

The patches are actually from the Hardened Linux From Scratch, but they do the same thing basically.
I had some troubles with the Gentoo ones and decided to use the same ones we've been using for years. Not sure why I was so fixated on the Gentoo patches for a while....

--

Regards
  Heiko Zuerker

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.