ct-ng: prefix vs install dir for compiling .deb's

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a toolchain and package it up as a .deb file (or
any other type of package/archive), the "interesting" part of which is
that I don't want to have to install the toolchain to its final
destination when building it.

E.g.:
* on compilation machine, doing a build at
/tmp/some/path/to/my/toolchain/configs/
* i want to compile it in: /tmp/some/other/path/
* but have the tools configured such that they expect to be using a
prefix of: /usr/local/toolchain/

The way I'd do this on a smaller scale (with a single project) would
be something like:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/toolchain/
$ make
$ make DESTDIR=/tmp/some/other/path/ install

Poking around at .config didn't help much- I haven't seen information
on what CT_INSTALL_DIR does (and admittedly haven't looked through the
ct-ng source much, but...), however it doesn't seem to play the same
role as DESTDIR like i'd hoped it would.

Is there a way to achieve this cleanly?

I'm using ct-ng 1.10.0.

Thanks,
-Matt