Re: toolchain for powerpc e500v2

Am 07.02.2011 um 16:53 schrieb Bryan Hundven:

> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Titus,
>>
>> I use the e500v2 toolchain all the time. Please provide more info
>> about the build problem your having and what distribution/version you
>> are building on.
>>
>> I am also hoping to have an e500mc (32 and 64-bit) toolchain samples soon.
Bryan, Yann, all,

glibc-2.9 now builds.
The settings required are
- hard fp in ct-ng
- disabling fp in glibc (--without-fp)
- possibly the assembler flag -Wa,e500x2 in CFLAGS
- patching away in a powerpc-makefile the rule to use
  CFLAGS+=-msoft-float when given --without-fp to configure

I did not test the result.
If you are interested in a more detailed description of the steps
I found nessecary, I'd start again from scratch and send you a
protocol of the errors without those steps.
I'd rather concentrate on eglibc because these problems and
(untested) solutions look a bit too weird for me.

Just let me know.

Regards
Titus